Welcome to Project Management Questions!

You can ask any question on Project Management and you can rest assured that real Project Managers will answer your shortly!

Is there any coupon code for the PMP exam?

0
votes
I'm a project manager who's a bit on the frugal side (I love to save a lot), and I want to take the PMP exam soon (I haven't applied yet). And since I'm paying for the exam myself (and not my company), I want to know if there are any coupons (issued by the PMI) that will reduce the price of the PMP exam. Does anybody know?
asked 8 years ago by anonymous
Good Question. PMI asks a person for a voucher code, when they go through the process of paying to take the test online at PMI. org.
So, there yes there are vouchers or else PMI would not ask for one.
However, you have to read the Voucher instructions, in order to understand the context of how vouchers are offered/used.  So, yes, in a million years they offer vouchers, (and for good reason), and therefore, if one were to qualify to use one, and then go ahead and use it, that person wouldn't be "cheap" they, would be considered qualified to use one by PMI standards
8 years ago by anonymous

2 Answers

0
votes
You're not exactly buying a gadget or a meal, and you're not buying training  from a for-profit company. What you're buying is the right to be able to take the PMP exam provided you are eligible. I don't see PMI offering coupon codes for their PMP exam not in a million years and here's why:

- There is no benefit for them whatsoever
- Over 90% of the PMP applicants are reimbursed the price of the PMP application by their company (regardless if they passed or failed). 90% of the remaining 10% don't care if there are coupons or not
- PMI already offers special pricing for members. For a small fee you can be a PMI member and save on the PMP exam (it'll cost you less to become a PMI member and pay for the exam than just paying the exam if you're a non PMI member)

A word of advice: As a project manager, you shouldn't be cheap on yourself, especially when it comes to education.
answered 8 years ago by anonymous
0
votes
PMI does not and I would not expect them to. If you consider the low cost of membership and the exam, project management is one of the least expensive professions to enter.  It has been maintained this way because PMI is a global organization and the same fee is charged where ever you are.
answered 8 years ago by sdcapmp (45,840 points)

Related questions

0
votes
2
answers
+1
vote
1
answer
0
votes
1
answer
asked 9 years ago by anonymous
0
votes
1
answer
© 2010 - 2012 Project Management Questions - All Rights Reserved